
The ward had a family pinewood derby contest. Pretty much no rules! We were so excited to compete, because we knew our brother in law Wade was a pinewood derby freak! We knew with his help we had this contest in the bag! We (mostly wade) made a sweet bus with the entire middle hollowed out and filled with LED! * heres a side note for ya, most pinewood derby cars only weigh .08 pounds. Ours weighed almost 3 lbs.! It was the funniest sight, all the cars would line up to race and when the gate would lift all the cars would take off down the track super fast, our bus would start out so slow and get momentum as it went. By the time the track flattened out, and other cars were slowing down our bus was just getting speed. Right at the end of each race the bus would zoom by all the other cars and win!!
We came in 2nd! We lost to a car with what I swear had a jet motor. It was pretty funny. Matthew said totally serious when we left "We would have won but the other car cheated!" I think so too Matthew!
3 comments:
Is that legal to fill your car with led? I bet your was the best looking, the bus is very cool.
Full on Cheaters! :)
Love the pics from California. Wish I could have been there.
1/2 marathon anyone?
Post a Comment