Monday, October 11, 2010

A new job

Well friends I got a new job. I have had this job for almost a year and probably haven't told many of you about it, but a few weeks back I was put in charge of my department. Whew, It's a tough job but I know my family and I will be extremely blessed because of it. There have been a few hiccups at the work place lately, my supervisor is great and she try's so hard to help my team out, but our department head not so much, I don't know if the company is doing cut backs or if there is some financial issues but our department head decided to release everyone that I was to supervise! I thought "Well he probably just wants to get some fresh meat in here, people who are excited for our HUGE project. People who want to get in here and get the job done real well."

So we gave him a week... no new workers for my team.

So we gave him another week, and this time even had back up- my mother in law on call in case no workers showed up. Still no new team members (thanks Jean for the help).

Another week... No one. Really I'm not kidding me and my two helpers were in charge of overseeing 25 of the most high maintenance people in our building. And by high maintenance I mean these people can't even go to the bathroom by themselves. They hardly ever listen and yell so loud that other department come in and tell us to use our "quiet voices".

Anyways the next weekend was great... we had it off. Phew!

So last week I was nervous to go to work, I went in my room to give the "big boss" a call, I felt comforted after we talked and even decided to call my supervisor who was working so hard to get new team members, she said the department head was aware of this little hiccup and would certainly take care of it this week. So I went to work. We talked on the way about going on strike but then we were nervous we would get "fired" (no pun intended :)). So we went hoping for the best.

We had a company meeting right when we got there, it is always so great. Our department head stood and informed us that there would be a lot of people released and a lot of people call within the company to help in other departments. WooHoo ALOT of people! This is what we have been dreaming of all along- so many people in our department that no one would ever get burnt out, so many people that if they felt like going to another department meeting they could! So many people that if some didn't feel well enough for work, no problem! A glorious day!!!

WELL NOT SO.

18 new callings and not one not a single one to our department! Our "department head" seemed to forget all about us. woops!!;) But please I insist, don't feel bad for us. We will persevere we will march forward. It will all work out.... next week.... They promised!

***My honest feelings, I feel I am a truly blessed person to have my "job". Even if it is easy to complain, and sometimes it does feel like a job more then a calling, I leave my "work" feeling so close to my "big boss". I feel like I am surrounded for two hour by sometimes 25 others who are even closer to Him then myself. What a blessing! They are the ones that have His spirit so close with them and I am the one who gets to be surrounded by them and learn from them (stinkies and all)!!! I lov... like my calling (a lot).


1 comment:

jayne wells said...

Are you in nursery? Awesome!