My dear friend Emily refuses to post how amazing she is on her own blog. I tell her all the time "put that on your blog." She refuses. Let me explain... there is not a thing Emily can't do, and when Emily does whatever she chooses, she does it ten time better then it has ever been done before. Let me explain some more... Emily can make anything there is, she sews and crochets like a professional. She makes stained glass stars because she can. She made a wedding dress! Hello a wedding dress?! Wedding cakes no biggie, Oh you need flowers too? Done. And her cooking! Oh her cooking. I don't even know where to start with her cooking, sometimes we chat on line and our chats always include a "what's for dinner tonight?" when Emily replies my mouth waters, I am hesitant to tell her our meal is in the crockpot and wish we could eat over!
But here is something you really should know about Emily, Emily is kind, generous, down to earth and always know how to make you feel better. She also is a bit funny :). She does things for others with three small kids and makes it look easy.
Just last week I wasn't feeling well (no I am not pregnant.) I had had a bad day and just wasn't functioning great. Emily calls out of the blue with no questions asked and says she is bringing dinner to our house in 45 minutes. What?! was my first response and my second was WooHOo! A yummy meal from Emily (and of course no cooking). Emily is a friend I hope everybody has. I hope that I can be like her. Nick said it perfectly after listening to a message left on my phone from another amazing friend, he said you hit the jackpot with all of your friends. That I know is true!
Just last week I wasn't feeling well (no I am not pregnant.) I had had a bad day and just wasn't functioning great. Emily calls out of the blue with no questions asked and says she is bringing dinner to our house in 45 minutes. What?! was my first response and my second was WooHOo! A yummy meal from Emily (and of course no cooking). Emily is a friend I hope everybody has. I hope that I can be like her. Nick said it perfectly after listening to a message left on my phone from another amazing friend, he said you hit the jackpot with all of your friends. That I know is true!Thanks Emily, you made our day so much better. I am grateful to have you as a friend!
5 comments:
Lori,
You are so right! Emily IS amazing!! Along with all those great qualities she is one of the sweetest girls I know, never stuck up or conceded about any of the things she is good at. I'm so glad you wrote a post in honor of Emily! She definitely deserves it!
To the discerning reader:
1. Lori exaggerates a little.
2. I know this Emily person and here are a few things she is also good at that Lori forgot to mention: yelling at her kids, not putting away the laundry, not cleaning her house as well and often as she should and occasionally eating cookies for breakfast.
3. Not everything she cooks is that great.
That being said, thanks Lori. I am glad to have you for a friend too.
Way to go Lori! She should post more about herself because she is awesome. But so are you! Hooray for finding you guys again. Thanks!
Lori- You did hit the jackpot, its always nice to know someones got your back. Good Luck with the pregnancy only 32 weeks left, right? Ha Ha HA jk love you!
Three cheers for both of you--I hit the same jackpot.
Post a Comment