This is how we celebrated Milo's 3rd birthday!

Where do I even start this story?
We were all at grandma's house ready to celebrate. The PHS bulldog was about to make his grand entrance, I was frosting cupcakes and Milo was in a serious game of hide and go seek with the cousins. Milo ran in from the back yard, tripped and ran right into the coffee table. I herd the table shake and he instantly started screaming. When we saw him we were sure he needed stitches.
Here's where it gets good. :/ When we went to the after hours clinic he threw up. They told us we needed take him to the ER to get a CAT scan of his brain. So we did. We were there forever! When we finally herd from radiology they told us he had a small concussion and a broken bone underneath his eye ball. They thought it would be a good idea to follow up with an eye doctor the next day.
Here's where it gets even better. SO I take him to the eye doctor the next day. After looking at Milo that doctor says "I would like to refer you to an eye surgeon". Sheesh! is pretty much what was going through my mind at the time. Didn't they know it was field day at Westridge, we had some end of the school year party we should be at. I thought we are doing some serious running around when this is all going to be just fine. (great mother intuitions right?)
So we go to the eye surgeon the next day. We see him and he tells us he will be seeing us at 6 am next morning for surgery.
"SAY WHAT?!"
This picture is for you Kelly. I can laugh now, because I'm sure this is what my face looked like the rest of the day and all the next morning. I was in total denial of how serious this was turning out to be.
Milo needed to have surgery to prevent his muscle and fatty tissue from settling into the cracks of his broken bone.
Long story short-- everything went perfect. Our surgeon told us what a blessing it was that he threw up at the after hours clinic. If he wouldn't have we would have just got stitches and been on our way home. He also said it was the most shattered bone he had seen in a kid that small.
Seeing Milo like this makes my heart stop. I love him so much and am so thankful he is mine.
P.S. He is doing just fine.
So how do you celebrate your kids birthdays?
5 comments:
oh my gosh!!!! that is the saddest thing ever!! thank goodness for the little blessings like throw up huh!? i'm glad he's doing ok! what a bunch of crazy days for you!!!!
Oh Milo! I love you so much! I am so glad you are doing better, although you never seemed to be doing bad to begin with. You are such a trooper. I loved the advice from the doctors, Try and keep your three year old from running around, jumping, swimming, playing or moving! He needs to rest and take it easy. Should be easy enough, right, Milo? HA! I think you are a trooper too Lori, I was stressed just watching you go through all that. My second favorite part was Nick smelling like vomit and Milo cuddled over his shoulder. He was so cute (in a very sad way) with his swollen eye and little teddy bear, and he smiled when I said Happy Birthday. I love him! And I'm glad he is fixed and won't have a sunken eyeball in high school.
Tyler would like to know if they amputated his arm in surgery? Check out his picture in the hospital-where's his arm?
Lori, I am so sorry that happened to you. Having a child need surgery is the worst. I actually think it is worse for the parents, the kids do great! I am glad everything went well and he is doing better. What a way to spend a birthday!
Crazy Lori! Glad he's doing okay!
Post a Comment