So, September when it started Matthew would come home from these assemblies and tell me all about them...
September-
"Mom- Brynn and Max got the WOW award today! they are so cool"
October-
"today we had an assembly-- Isabel and Jack got the WOW awards... they do really good on their homework!" (awesome)
November- "Josie and Joseph always follow instructions.. they got the WOW award today at our school" (great)
December-" Mom,I can't wait to get a WOW award they are the coolest things ever." (oh boy)
January- "Grace got a WOW award and she won a Ipod!!!" (what the... just kidding Grace I am happy for!!)(She is Matthew's cousin who is in the same class!)
February-before school : "mom I am going to be so good today at school so I can get the WOW award this month" (oh my gosh please let him get it)
March: "Today Miss Smith told everyone who has not got the WOW award to stand up. I think I am going to get it." (are you kidding me)
By this time I have started to do my math, nine months of awards two per month and 25 kids in his class... not everyone is going to get one!?! Oh the principle is going to hear about this! I'm going to write a letter, how unfair! I even thought I am going to take doughnuts to only those who didn't get a darn wow award! So I call my sister Christy "Have all you kids got wow awards?" Of course they have Austin got his the first month!
(i am laughing right now because this story is totally exaggerated to be honest, but this is what it felt like)
April-Me: "Matthew, who care about those dumb awards anyways all you really get is a pencil and I already know you are outstanding!" (who am I kidding:))
Today:
You guessed it, would I have written this long story if he didn't! Let's just say I think it is going to be a long 12 years. But Matthew said the cutest thing about it he told me when he went on the stage to get the award all his bones and heart were shaking. When I asked him why he said "Mom, I was sooo excited!!!" (oh my, me too!!!)
2 comments:
What! NO phone call? Dude, I have been praying all year for matthew to please PLEASE please get the WOW award. I can't believe you didn't call me. But this was way better. An updated post plus good news- Lori, maybe you need a wow award. Matthew totally deserves it! I think he is amazing. He is always so sweet, I think he does amazing homework, I think despite all of his head injuries he is still the smartest kid in kindergarten!:) I feel a little silly, but I had tears welling up when I read he had won! YEAH!
P.S. any ipod? j/k
Congrats Matthew! Pretty awesome!
And did Grace REALLY win an ipod?
Post a Comment